Thursday, May 17, 2007

2006-09-05 | Tracks (Arte)

Partial transcript (thanks to Valerie):
I definitely go through phases where I can’t create for a while. That doesn’t mean I’m ill, I’m not lying in bed and it’s not a medical thing, it’s just simply part of who I am. It’s also because of the fact that I absorb stuff and then I have to deal with it. I can’t explain any better than that. It’s really scary. I don’t mind the frame of mind I’m in as long as I’m still able to create. But if I go
through a phase where I’m unable to create, when everything I write is shit then I’m scared. And it can last for six months.

The most beautiful songs are the melancholic ones. But even in a disco tune I can hear melancholic sounds. The Donna Summer tune, ‘I feel love’, that melody is a very melancholic melody. It’s only the fact that the melody is hidden by the sounds of the synthesizers that makes you think it’s not melancholic. I mean, the lyrics aren’t melancholic. Giorgio Moroder’s music is very dark. The best disco or dance music is the dark one.

Yesterday we did the Mercury Prize ceremony, they were unrolling the red carpet,
and Nigel said « oh, the red carpet, how exciting, but you, you take the stage
door, right? you’re not going to take the red carpet !» I said « oh yeah, I
guess you’re right .. »
I would have liked to take the red carpet, but I’ve built myself such a reputation that

No comments: